Italy 4 You


Italy4You has been created to offer services and support to Schools and Programs working in the Study Abroad sector.


Italy 4 You


As soon as foreign nationals enter Italy, they should apply for a residence permit based on the same motivations specified on their entry Visa. A residence permit is not required for business, tourism, short visits or study, provided that the stay does not exceed 3 months. The permit application must be filed within 8 working days of your date of arrival in Italy or entrance in the Schengen area (if you stop over in another EU country). As a rule, NON-EU students will enter Italy on an Italian D type visa. EU nationals do not need a residence permit to stay in Italy.

Italy 4 You


Foreigners who stay in Italy for visits, business, tourism or study for periods not exceeding 3 months are not required to apply for a Residence Permit. Instead they must report their presence in the Country and must report their presence to the local Immigration Office filling out the relevant form called Dichiarazione di Presenza, within 8 days upon their arrival; for those staying in hotels or other reception facilities the registration form submitted to the hotel management upon check-in, signed by the foreign guest on arrival, constitutes the declaration of presence. The hotel will provide a copy of this form to the foreign guest who can show it to police officers, if requested.

Italy 4 You


Study into Work

If you are holding a valid study residence permit, you can work in Italy for max. 20 hours per week, up to max. 1040 hours per year. However, if you want to work in Italy full time or remain in Italy after the expiration of your permit, you will need to convert it into a permit for employment or self-employment. You can apply for the conversion when your residence permit for study is still valid, and apply after the publication of the annual “Decreto flussi” which determines the numbers work permits reserved to a certain category of applicants (“quotas” are normally released every year between December and February. Quotas are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis); or if you hold an accredited Italian degree or a postgraduate degree, you can apply at any time regardless of the quota limitation.

Italy 4 You


The Italian Fiscal Code paper, officially known as Italy's Codice Fiscale, is the tax code card in Italy, similar to a Social Security Number (SSN) card in other Countries.
The tax code in Italy is an alphanumeric code of 16 characters. In Italy, the tax code identifies a citizen in all dealings, not only of fiscal nature, with the Italian public authorities and other administrations. It is issues by the local Agency of Fiscal Entries (Agenzia delle Entrate) and has NO expiration date. Designed by and for the Italian tax office, it is now used for several other purposes, e.g. uniquely identifying individuals in the health system, natural persons who act as parties in private contracts, opening a bank account, signing a lease agreement.

Italy 4 You


Under Italian law all those who are interested – therefore including foreigners residing or even not residing in Italy – have the right to open a bank account with an Italian bank. Foreigners residing in Italy can open a bank account just like Italian citizens residing in the territory. Foreigners not residing in the country can only open a “non-resident account” (“conto non residenti” or “conto estero”). The customer can usually withdraw from the contract at any time, without penalty and without costs of closing the account, by going in person to the branch of the bank where he has his bank account.

Italy 4 You


Private System

The immigration law requires you to take out a health insurance during your stay in Italy. Health insurance is intended for foreign nationals resident in Italy for study, tourism or registration request (residence). How to choose the best one? There are several solutions. The cost of health insurance can vary depending on the duration. What is it good for? Issuing Visa, issuing a residence permit or request for birth registration.

Italy 4 You


Public System

If you stay in Italy more than 1 year, it is possible to subscribe to the Italian National Health Service (Servizio Sanitario Regionale - S.S.R.). The coverage is valid for a calendar year, that is, until the 31st of December of the year when the payment has been made. The public coverage provided by the National Health Service provides full health assistance - including the possibility to choose a family doctor. In the Italian health system, the family doctor gives general or 1st level health assistance, i.e., health care outside the hospital, hence including medical treatment in case of ordinary diseases or no-emergency health problems, and prescribes medicines and tests.

Italy 4 You


Customers entrust us to ship something from one place in the world to another: from origin to pick-up, packaging, carrier choice, documentation, communications, insurance/liability coverage, tracking, delivery confirmation and problem management. Italy4You collaborates with a third-party logistics operator, contracts with transportation carriers, including leading international express couriers to local couriers, to handle deliveries of packages, documents, valuables, personal items, fragile goods, consumables, temperature-controlled goods, global freight, etc.

Where We Are

The Social Hub - COLLAB Reception - Viale Spartaco Lavagnini, 70/72 - 50129 Firenze

Contact Us

In accordance with Art. 13 of the EU Regulation n. 2016/679 (GDPR - law related to the protection of personal data) the data controller hereby informs you that processing of your personal data shall be carried out.